Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Veterinarian
Experience:  8 years of clinical experience with specialty in veterinary pain management, urology, and geriatrics
25524280

My cat was being sick nearly every day so I took him to the

Customer Question

My cat was being sick nearly every day so I took him to the vet. He was given an anti emetic and a blood test which was all right. He stopped being sick of several days but now has started again. Could it be some thing in the garden that he is allergic to /
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Susan :

Hi, I can help you with your question today.

Dr. Susan :

I'm concerned that a cat of his age could have IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) or intestinal lymphoma, given the chronic vomiting.

Dr. Susan :

I highly recommend getting an abdominal ultrasound done with a board certified internal medicine specialist.

Dr. Susan :

They can recognize changes in the appearance of the intestines which could be consistent with either condition.

Dr. Susan :

If ultrasound is not an option for any reason, you can ask your regular vet to prescribe an oral steroid, prednisolone.

Dr. Susan :

Prednisolone can be helpful in the treatment of both IBD and lymphoma.

Dr. Susan :

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm grateful to you. My cat has a good appetite but he is still being a little sick not much but about every 12 hours and then two little stains on carpet. What do you think?
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 3 years ago.
Did you start the prednisolone? Is he on any other medications at this time?