DR.J
DR.J, Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello , i'm James DVM MRCVS and I would love to help.
74293778

My 11 month old labrador.. was not herself yeaterday when i

Customer Question

My 11 month old labrador.. was not herself yeaterday when i came home. My partner told me ahe had been sick... her food.. undigested... throughtout the day she seemed fine again went for a walk etc... dinner time she wouldnt eat.. i gave her puppy milk as a treat to see if she would drink it.. she loved it then ate dinner... she has brought that bk up also undigested.. along with another time just water... she is refuaing to drink aswell and is constantly licking her very dry nose and lips...
Expert:  DR.J replied 3 years ago.

DR.J :

Hi , I'm James DVM MRCVS and would like to help you with your question

DR.J :

Sorry to hear about Ella .

DR.J :

is she producing and feces ?

DR.J :

Is she capable of holding any waters at all ?

DR.J :

Does she have the tendency to play with toys and tear them up or eat out of the bin ?

Customer:

She has been produces faeces yes... she was sick three times. Twice food once water..she hasnt had any water since

Customer:

Yeah she does tear up toys. Although i havnt seen her do it recently

DR.J :

thank you for you response.

DR.J :

Well we are faced with several possibilities here:

DR.J :

1. Ella has eaten something she shouldn't have , a toy , piece of clothing or anything other which might cause a blockage in her digestive tract . as a result she can not pass the food down (or water for that matter) and keeps on vomiting

Customer:

Im concermed about her refusing water.. how long before it is worrying as to dehydration

DR.J :

2. She might have a very bad case of upset tummy , this could cause her to vomit food and water as well - and feel very sorry for herself.

DR.J :

You are right to be concerned - dogs which keep on vomiting fluids and not being able to take any in can get dehydrated very quickly - especially in a young age.

DR.J :

So this is what needs to be done :

Customer:

She is normally a really bouncy puppy so excited to see us... she hasnt left my side all night and when my bf got up she hardly moved to see him

DR.J :

Ella must make her way to her vet's in order to do the following - 1. a mild blood test to check for her level of hydration and if need be receive some fluids ..2. preform an abdominal Xray and see if we have anything stuck somewhere down the line which needs resolving .

DR.J :

By far the most important thing right now is to make sure she does not become dehydrated

DR.J :

I would not dwell on it , as you mentioned is has been going on since yesterday

Customer:

This is probably going to sound daft. But who do i ring when vets are closed. She is our first pet that has needed vets like this so not sure

DR.J :

where do you live?

DR.J :

City

Customer:

Wiltshire is the county

DR.J :

let me check for you .. hold on

DR.J :

http://www.endellveterinarygroup.co.uk/ss-edu.htm

DR.J :

check to see if this is near you ..

DR.J :

Look up Vets -Now emergency services near where you are - or OOH veterinary emergency service near where you live

Customer:

No salisbury is too far away... closer to bath. ItsXXXXX/p>

DR.J :

just one min

DR.J :

I'm still looking for an OOH center for you

Customer:

I phomes the vets they have an out of hours service. A vet is calling me back now

Expert:  DR.J replied 3 years ago.
So sorry , my computer crashed and I just got it working again .
I can see that you have found a place which will see you today .
This is excellent.

Please inform me of the findings and let me know if there is anything I can do to help
Expert:  DR.J replied 3 years ago.
How is Ella doing ?