Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

my chinchilla has not been herself ,since we looked after a

Customer Question

my chinchilla has not been herself ,since we looked after a dog ,she is now slightly matted underneath ? she is 4 years old , she was always lively out her cage jumping around she always seemed happy but now she wont come out ,she will still let me hold her ,she is eating and drinking ,her poo is the same ,  

Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 3 years ago.

Scott Nimmo :

Hello and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon, I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

Scott Nimmo :

Please tell me is she matted below or round her chin area?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No not matted under her chin ,I would say is midway on her tummy ,her eyes are clear , she is just not her normal happy self ,

Thanks for the quick reply,

I am very glad to talk this over with you.

I have treated many chinchillas over the years and when they have matted fur wherever it may be on their bodies this normally means they are not grooming themselves because of discomfort due to dental problems. And they are often not themselves as you say when they have this sort of conditions.

Your best way forward is to have a vet familiar with chinchillas check her over. This will often be mean some minor dental work.

I hope I have covered your to your satisfaction but I will be online for the next hour or so if you want to talk things over in more depth.

Regards,

Scott.
Hello again ,

Just a short note to thank you very much for the good rating, this is very much appreciated. I will get back in touch with you in a week or so to check on your Chinchilla's progress, and I should also be about for the next couple of hours so get straight back to me if things change and you want to talk things over further.

However in the meantime if you should receive any surveys related to my advice to you today then I would very much appreciate it if you could take the time to rate my performance further as this helps my standing on the site.

Kindest regards,

Scott

If I can ever advise you again at any future point then you can contact me directly via this link : http://www.justanswer.com/veterinary/expert-scottvet/
{ Please bookmark it }