Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

Would a vet do house call to euthanise vet for disabled pe

Customer Question

Would a vet do house call to euthanise vet for disabled person
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 years ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help today.

Absolutely.

While it is always preferable to see patients that we want to treat in the practice (where all the equipment is), all UK vets are obligated to provide house visits when there is genuine need. In this case where you have a disabled owner that cannot bring her suffering cat into the practice due to her own health issues, this would constitute a genuine need. That said, do be aware that the vet is allowed to charge an extra fee for that house visit and may require the owner to be a wee bit flexible regarding the time of the visit (since the vet often has to make time in their schedule to leave the practice and attend the home euthanasia).

If your friend needs to have Casper put to sleep and cannot get to the vet practice, then do have her ring them and ask for a home visit. If she doesn't have a regular vet, you can check the RCVS Register (HERE) to find a vet near to her.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. Thank you and hope to see you again soon! : )