Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

Good evening, Am l allowed to take my pet ducks into Ireland

Customer Question

Good evening,
Am l allowed to take my pet ducks into Ireland I live in the UK and will be moving shortly?
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 years ago.

Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
To answer your question directly, yes, you can do so but you'll need to do some legwork. Please click on this link: http://www.defra.gov.uk/animal-trade/eu/ and scroll down to and click on the "captive and bird leaflet" link. You'll find all the information you need to bring your ducks with you. Please note that ducks are not psittacine birds and so the section relating to psittacines can be ignored.

Full disclosure: I'm not a UK vet and so either a local vet or your google search might be necessary to find your local Animal Health Office who then will be able to give you the name of your official veterinarian (OV).

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.