Dr. Christian K.
Dr. Christian K., Veterinarian
Experience:  12 year of veterinary experience in surgery, medicine and behavior
15186300

My springer is 14 years old is blind and deaf but eats lots

Customer Question

My springer is 14 years old is blind and deaf but eats lots and manages to go out my german shepherds stays close to him people say it's time for me to let him go should I
Expert:  Dr. Christian K. replied 3 years ago.
This is Dr. Christian. I'd like to help. Would say that he is otherwise doing well other than his vision and hearing loss?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Shall I just leave him as he is
I have plenty of patients that are blind and deaf and they manage to do very well. As long as he is otherwise healthy then I don't believe putting a deaf/blind dog to sleep is necessary. I'd be more concerned if he had some other problems such as vomiting, weight loss, loss of appetite, etc. If you have more questions please reply back.