Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

after swimming in the sea yesterday my german whirehaired pointer

Customer Question

after swimming in the sea yesterday my german whirehaired pointer was squirting water from his bottom that seemed uncontrollable with every step that he made. after 45 mins it stopped and all has been fine since
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Loretta :

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. Was this fluid diarrhea? Did Zak over work himself or act tired after this? Will he eat?

Customer:

at first it was diarrhea and then became clear water. zak never tires as is a working dog and yes he always eats!!

Hi Kate...I am happy to help but I need a bit more information about Zak's condition.

Is he eating? Was this diarrhea? is Zak feeling normal now?
Hi Kate...I am not sure if you got my last post...please let me know f I can help....
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

zak is eating and all ok now and as I emailed back to you he wasn't tired as he is a working dog. My main concern was that the water was passing through him that quickly that it seemed he had no control over it. After a 45 minute walk back to the car all was fine and he has had no diarrhea since and all back to normal today

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
have not received an answer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI Kate...sorry it has taken so long to get back to you...

The sea water acts as a powerful laxative causing this to go through Zak very quickly. Now that the water is through Zak, there is no reason for him to have any more problems. Try to keep Zak from drinking this again, Kate, which I am sure you already know. I know this appeared scary since you have not seen this before but Zak wil be fine.

Thank you so much, Kate, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help.

Have a wonderful day!