Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

can I take my guinea pigs from UK to Latvia if traveling by

Customer Question

can I take my guinea pigs from UK to Latvia if traveling by car? I'm planing to go on holiday from England to Latvia and back in 2 weeks time. Do I need any documents or quarantine for my guinea pigs? Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 years ago.

Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
The good news is that you can and no documentation is needed. Here's the exact statement from this site: http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/health_consumer/library/press/press76_en.html Latvia is an EU member.

"Pet reptiles, rodents, fish, birds, amphibia, arachnida and insects species are not affected by rabies or of no significance to the spreading of rabies. They may travel with their owner or another responsible person between EU Member States without health certificates or special identification."

You'll find the same information here: http://www.takeyourpet.co.uk/7/infoguides/Taking+Your+Pet+Abroad/

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.

Bon voyage!

You may receive an inappropriate follow up from the site ostensibly from me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.

Please disregard the info request.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've got an e-mail from you,but if I press (View Expert's Response) they block me from entering

I'm not privy to your page but here's my last post to you in case you couldn't see it:

"Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.

Bon voyage!

Please disregard the info request."

If you still need help, please contact [email protected]