Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

my springerdor 6 month puppy has a swollen muzzle and has

my springerdor 6 month puppy has a swollen muzzle and has been terribly sick she has now gone to bed but is shaking,
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is she breathing ok?
2- How long has she had the swelling?
3- How much does she weigh?
4- Can you take a look at her gums and see if they are pink or pale?
5- Do you have an anti histamine at home? If so, what is the name and milligrams?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ye s breathing fine

about 3 hours

she weighs 13.5 kilos

her gums are pink

I have hay fever tablets10mg

just brought up bile

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
What is the active ingredient in the hay fever tablets?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

loratadine also have 10mg cetirizine hydrochloride

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Carole, it sounds like Typsee is having an allergic reaction either to something she ate or came in contact. This is what you can do:

1- Start her on Loratadine 10mg 1/2 tablet every 12 hours for the next 5 days.
2- No food or water for 6-8 hours. Need to give her gastrointestinal tract time to rest.
3- After 6-8 hours offer a small amount of water. Wait half hour, if no vomiting, offer small amount of rice (50%) and boiled boneless chicken or ground beef (50%) 4-6 times a day. Keep on this diet for several days then wean into regular diet.
4- Follow up in the morning with family veterinarian if no significant improvement.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter