Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

my springerdor 6 month puppy has a swollen muzzle and has

my springerdor 6 month puppy has a swollen muzzle and has been terribly sick she has now gone to bed but is shaking,
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is she breathing ok?
2- How long has she had the swelling?
3- How much does she weigh?
4- Can you take a look at her gums and see if they are pink or pale?
5- Do you have an anti histamine at home? If so, what is the name and milligrams?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ye s breathing fine

about 3 hours

she weighs 13.5 kilos

her gums are pink

I have hay fever tablets10mg

just brought up bile

What is the active ingredient in the hay fever tablets?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

loratadine also have 10mg cetirizine hydrochloride

Carole, it sounds like Typsee is having an allergic reaction either to something she ate or came in contact. This is what you can do:

1- Start her on Loratadine 10mg 1/2 tablet every 12 hours for the next 5 days.
2- No food or water for 6-8 hours. Need to give her gastrointestinal tract time to rest.
3- After 6-8 hours offer a small amount of water. Wait half hour, if no vomiting, offer small amount of rice (50%) and boiled boneless chicken or ground beef (50%) 4-6 times a day. Keep on this diet for several days then wean into regular diet.
4- Follow up in the morning with family veterinarian if no significant improvement.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter