Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

Shaun has now had a in depth examination as he was in a lot

Customer Question

Shaun has now had a in depth examination as he was in a lot of pain. As well as his allergy the vet found a secondary tumour in his groin lymph glands and his opinion was it wouldnt respond to treatment without Shaun going through a lot of treatment which in the end wouldnt have a positive outcome , So reluctantly we agreed he be spared any more suffering and he was put to sleep.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 years ago.
Dear Joan,

I am so very sorry to hear that Shaun had more then an allergy causing him trouble. When cancer gets into the lymph nodes, it can be very difficult to treat (especially as it often spreads through the nodes in the body). And if he was in a lot of pain from this, then I agree that it was kindest to keep him from any further suffering.

Please take care.
My thoughts are with you,
Dr. B.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your assistance an d sympathy. Shaun was a foster dog. You know the ones tpo old or kennelled for too long. We only had him for six months but he was well loved. We expect to have another poor soul at the end of May and will do our best to make it happy and secure.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 years ago.
You are very welcome, Joan.

You are a star for having taken him in. There are just too many dogs in that situation.
And I just know that it will have made such a difference to his life to have had had a home and a life with you even as brief as your time together was.

Please take care,
Dr. B.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have sent a picture of Shaun I hope you get it you may need to mess about with it a bit its a bit big sorry

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 years ago.

Not a worry at all, Joan.
I can see it quite clearly and am grateful that you shared it with me.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Shaun was a lovely lad and looks to be such a gentle soul. I have no doubt that you gave him an amazing life with the time he shared with you (he just looks so happy despite sneaking away from being brushed). Thank goodness he had you to save him from spending any more days in a shelter or kennel.

Have a lovely day,
Dr. B.