Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years with dogs, cats, exotic, wildlife and zoo animals, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

My cat has had kitten 3 days ago, she went very slim straight

Customer Question

My cat has had kitten 3 days ago, she went very slim straight away, now her tummy is swollen is this normal?
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 3 years ago.
Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

No this is definitely not normal. It is normal for the mammary glands to swell of course but not her belly. If her belly is swelling then this is likely due to a uterus infection, a kitten that did not come out or a retained placenta. All of these problems are very serious and she needs to be examined before she becomes ill and unable to tend to her kittens.

I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions.

Dr. Dan