Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I have an adult bearded dragon who is off his food and water

Customer Question

I have an adult bearded dragon who is off his food and water for over a month now which is not unusual he hardly opens his mouth at all he seems alert and looks at our hands when we put food in front of him but has not taken anything without being force fed when his mouth is actually open i don't believe it is mating season for him as he always went up the cold end for this and he is pretty much always on the heat mat or under the heat lamp his beard is constantly black and his skin is paler than normal his limbs feel strong and his skin is taut which possibly rules out dehydration? he is not sickly or swollen anywhere at all any advice would be grateful - many thanks

update - today he had a moment where he was a bit jerky and then was a little bit sick

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Joan replied 3 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Bearded Dragons. I would like to assist you but need to ask some question.

Can you tell me about the set up?

Substrate?

Supplements?

Normal diet Prey/veggies?

UVB light? Florescent tube or compact coil, strength, age of bulb and brand?

Basking light?

Temps in Basking area, warm side and cool side and how measured?

Age of Dragon?

Passing stool?

Have you had a fecal done?

Joan