Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My very large Koi carp seems not well, it is quite dull in

Customer Question

My very large Koi carp seems not well, it is quite dull in appearence a sort of milkyness over the skin,. dorsal fin limp with like a whiteness right onto the top of its tailfin, it lies in the same spot for hours with its back out of the water and keeps rolling to one side. When disturbed seems to swim quite normally, but is unusualy not interested in food. All other fish Koi and Goldfish brtight and healthy.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Anna replied 3 years ago.

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question. My name is Anna, and I'm a biologist with many years of experience keeping fish. I'm sorry to hear of this problem.

Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the fish so I can see its skin? You can upload a photo by clicking on REPLY, then at the top of the area where you would type is a tool bar with icons. Click on the little paper clip icon (it's right next to the YouTube icon). Instructions will pop up. On some browsers, this doesn't work. if that happens, you can put your photo on one of the free photo sharing websites, such as www.photobucket.com. Then come back here and paste the link to your picture in a REPLY.

Also, is this one of the larger fish in your pond?

What numbers in parts per million (ppm) did you get for ammonia and nitrites when you tested the water?