Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

I have hedgehogs in my garden, which I do not mind but my21

I have hedgehogs in my garden, which I do not mind but my21 month old jack russel terrier does?, she picks them up and brings them into the house and has actually killed one, I want to revent this from happening agan can you advice me who to contact who might like to rescue these hedgehogs?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 years ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Oh Rooh!

If Rooh will not let the hedgehog live in peace and there is no way to perhaps give them a safe area in your garden or wall off your garden to prevent their getting in, then relocation would be ideal.

In regards XXXXX XXXXX that can help you, I would suggest contacting the Hedgehog Rescue (HERE). They do have a range of contact listings all over the UK in the orange border on the left of the page. And even if they don't list someone near you, they have a general phone number you can ring and will likely be able to advise you on a local rescue near you. Alternatively, you can check the Hedgehog Bottom website's map database (HERE) for the rescue near you. Finally, the British Hedgehog Preservation Society has a general number for people to ring for local contacts to help local hedgehogs (HERE). Together these should give you some sources to get these wee ones relocated safely away from your pup.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. Thank you and hope to see you again soon! : )