Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

Can u please give me details of my local rspca vets, I am in

Can u please give me details of my local rspca vets, I am in a terriable situation with my 7 yr old dog, a lump appeared on her back friday, she was seen by the pdsa monday, they never done a biopsy, but sed she as a cancer tumour, they gave me options of expensive chemo, or put her to sleep, my dog, is barking, wagging her tail, eating and drinking, and demanding walks, she loves life, and I cant just switch off, with out seeking a second opinion, in hope of something being done, my family all do a lot for rspca charitys, so I am turning to u, to please see my dog brandy, or advise me, who will c her, I am on benefits, as im disabled, and I live south woodford london e18 2as thank you kathie
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 years ago.

Hello & welcome, Kathie. I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Oh Kathie, I am so sorry to hear about Brandy's possible tumor.

I agree that if she is well in herself, then you would not need to put her to sleep at this stage no matter what mass type it is.

In regards XXXXX XXXXX a second opinion at the RSPCA, you are smack dab in the middle of 2 RSPCA practices. So, you may be best to ring each and see which one covers your area.

First, there is the Harmsworth Memorial Animal Hospital (which is 6 miles from your post code). There contact details are #0300(NNN) NNN-NNNNand the address isXXXXX Holloway, Ldn, N7 7QD.

Otherwise, 5 miles from you is the Edmonton Clinic. Their contact details are #0300(NNN) NNN-NNNNand the address isXXXXX LONDON, N9 9AA.

Overall, a second opinion is a good next step here before assuming a poor prognosis for Brandy with this lump.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. Thank you and hope to see you again soon! : )