Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

puppy 6 weeks old. A trotter was cooked with 1 onion , onion

puppy 6 weeks old. A trotter was cooked with 1 onion , onion removed but puppy was given 1 tsp of stock in food last night. Worried
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today.

Friend, though onions are toxic it is highly unlikely for 1 tsp of stock will cause any problems. You see, the puppy will need to consume at least 30g per kilogram body weight of onions in order to be concern about toxicity. I would not be concern in this case. That said, I would encourage you not to give food that has onions, chronic low doses could also be a problem.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!