Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years with dogs, cats, exotic, wildlife and zoo animals, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

Our English Setter who weighs about 25 kilos has eaten a box

Our English Setter who weighs about 25 kilos has eaten a box (300gm) of thorntons continental chocolates about 445 mins ago she is currently very relaxed, no panting, no apparent excessive heart rate.
Should we do anything.
Peter
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 3 years ago.
Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

Were these milk chocolate, dark chocolate, sugar free chocolate?

Dr. Dan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
They were mixed chocolates, dark, milk and whit and they were filled with various centers
And it was about 45 mins ago not the time as shown
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 3 years ago.
It looks as though your dog is right on the borderline of a toxic dose depending on how much was milk chocolate and how much was a flavored center. Likely all that will happen is some mild vomiting or diarrhea over the next few hours. If however there becomes any involuntary muscle tremors noted in the next 12 hours or less then she needs to see her emergency vet, however likely she'll be fine with only the mild diarrhea and vomiting like I mentioned.

I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions.
Dr. Dan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Our bitch (ie not a dog) is still appearing very relaxed and seems to be sleeping the problem away but if that changes over the next 2 hours we will contact our emergency practice.
Thanks for your assurance
Peter