Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

my cat is 2 and half years old as i am a 79 year old pennsioner

Customer Question

my cat is 2 and half years old as i am a 79 year old pennsioner i took him to the pdla they could not find out what was wrong with him, he has a job to breave a job to swallow breaving though his mouth which is open all the time enableing him to breave he also seem to be chokeing all the time in which he cries out when happens he then brings up phelm

Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It may be that Tom has allergies which will respond to Benadryl or Diphenhydramine at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs. This can be purchased at the chemist over the counter. This is worth a try.

The other issue could be a hair mass that is stuck somewhere and causing Tom this distress. For this, give Laxatone or Petromalt, a dose every 4 hrs which wil help move this hair mass through to resolve his distress. This can be purchased at the pet store.

If this does not help, take Tom back to your vet for a recheck...something serious is causing this.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta