Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Experience:  35 years in practice
18324312

I would like to clip my pet parrot wing.Do i just clip the

Customer Question

I would like to clip my pet parrot wing.Do i just clip the smaller feathers on its lower wing?
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Bob.
In order to be able to describe how to clip Claude's wing(s)I must know the purpose for the procedure. Did you want to stop him from flying?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, only while im getting him more use to me handling him and to prevent injury while he's out the cage.

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 3 years ago.
Okay, thank you Mike.
The flight feathers are the long finger-like feathers that form the tip of the wing, These must be trimmed to prevent flying while socializing a bird. Probably the best way to show you how to do this is to send you a video. you can watch the entire relatively simple procedure here: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sXz-q_U0qB8
If after watching the video you still have questions, I'll be happy to answer them for you.
Kind regards, Dr. Bob