Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

my cat has become withdrawn over the past couple of days and

Customer Question

my cat has become withdrawn over the past couple of days and just wants to be quiet and sleep when in. He is quite an outdoor, hunting type of cat usually and has been out but more to hide I think. He is 14 years old. He is not eating, not even his favourite - tinned tuna.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 years ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Did he have any signs of discomfort or belly tenseness or pain when you felt him?

Have you seen him urinate at all?

Does he want food but then turn away like he just can't bear it?

Or is he just not interested?

Is he drinking at all?

Has he had any retching, teeth grinding, drooling, mouth pawing, or vomiting?

Any lip licking or hard swallowing?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He is showing none of the signs above. He is very quiet and withdrawn and sleep. Not showing any discomfort. He is hiding behind the curtain.

It is not like him to be so withdrawn and refuse tuna. He looked at it and walked away. The same with his water bowl.