Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Thirty years experience in small animal medicine and surgery.
56364752

My cat has an inflammed bladder. This condition repeats when

Customer Question

My cat has an inflammed bladder. This condition repeats when she becomes stressed by another cat in our house. She is yo-yo ing to her littler tray and passess almost no urine and even falls aslpeep there as, obviously it is exhausting for her. She is nearly 21 years old . The vet gives her an analgesic for the condition. As I can't find a vet open today and emergency vets here are charging a minimum of £130 Plus consultation plus treatmentPlus VAt, is there anything I can give my cat to dampen down her condition until I can get her to the vet tomorrow, please?
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Barbara :

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. I am a licensed veterinarian and I'm here to help you. I'm so sorry to hear about your Sashi. Aspirin can be used in cats for analgesia and the dose is 10mg/kg of body weight every 2-3 days (so very infrequently). However, if she is on metacam or other pain reliever at this time, then aspirin would be contraindicated.