Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Im worried about my gerbil. She is 2 and seemed fine, playing

Customer Question

I'm worried about my gerbil. She is 2 and seemed fine, playing with her cage mates, eating etc. Within hours she became lethargic and sleepy. She is till eating and chewing cardboard but she is sleeping a lot and isn't moving too far from her nest, although she will climb the ladder to get to the food bowl. She just doesn't seem herself. She also seems to be breathing quickly, but I can't hear any noises like wheezing. She has no runny nose or eyes and I can't see any injuries. Thanks.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please close this question.