Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

Car has eye discharge and slightly red and is struggling to

Customer Question

Car has eye discharge and slightly red and is struggling to keep it open
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It may be that Tommy has a mild infection in that eye or it may be that he has injured it causing a corneal ulcer. An ulcer is very serious and will require treatment by your vet but if this is only mild trauma or a mild infection, the treatment is as follows:

Clean the eye discharge.

Apply a few drops of Artificial Tears to the eyeevery 4 hrs to help flush any irritants form the eye. This is available over the counter at the chemist.

If there is no improvement within 1 day, have your vet examine Tommy since this could be more serious.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta