Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My dog is a 15 year old crossbreed schnauzer/terrier. His general

Customer Question

My dog is a 15 year old crossbreed schnauzer/terrier. His general health is OK but he has developed a large growth under his nose and in front of his mouth which gives off a foul smell. It is constantly itching. A needle biopsy was inconclusive. I would be grateful for any advice.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry to hear of this with Jack. It might not matter what the biopsy reveals if this growth is a progressively enlarging and infected malignancy as that smell would indicate. Only surgical resection could be curative. Can you upload a close-up photo of this growth to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (not if you're using the chrome browser) or you can use an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.
Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.

Will you be sending a photo?