Jav917
Jav917,
5071285

Hi, I have 2 bearded dragons 20 weeks old, 1 is growing lovely

Hi, I have 2 bearded dragons 20 weeks old, 1 is growing lovely but the other hasn't grown much at all, it's not eating much or pooing but it seems lively enough running up and down the window, I have taken them off sand and am using reptile matting also I give her a bath and have checked underneath to see if it is hard but it's not, now I'm don't know what to do, can you please help.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Jav917 replied 3 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a Vet tech with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue.

Are the Dragons housed together?

Size of the tank?

Diet prey / Veggies?

Supplements?

UVB light? Florescent tube linear or Compact coil bulb, strength and brand?

Basking light?

Tenps in the Basking area, Cool side and warm side of the tank?

Joan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes they are together in a 4tf viv, diet of locusts and veggies, they have calci-dust and nutribol they have 2 different fluorescent tubes and a basking light, temp at cool side 32 not sure at warm side.
Expert:  Jav917 replied 3 years ago.

One of the biggest issue we see is when two Dragons are housed together one gets bullied and this can cause slower growth and stress which causes illness. We never house two Dragons together because of the chance of bullying, toe nips, tail nips and and even loss of limbs. The only time we normally bring two Dragons together is for breeding and we bring the female to the male and after breeding, she is returned to her own enclosure.

There is also the issue of Parasites that can can cause lack of growth. At this point, I would try to separate them and give each their own space. This will reduce stress and bullying. I would start some soaks in some Dioralyte and warm water daily to help with hydration. If the littel one is not eating you can try some different feeders like silk worms, dubia roaches, and phoenix worm which are excellent nutrition. This is a great food chart. Follow the green foods for staples: http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

If you do not notice a difference once separated and giving the soaks and variety of foods, then a Herp Vet visit would be needed, for a stool sample to check for parasites which can stunt the growth. I am going to give you Herp Vets in the UK if you should need one: http://www.ukbeardeddragons.co.uk/vet%20directory.htm or

http://www.livefoods.co.uk/Vets.php#Scotland Unfortunately when the reptiles are sold they never explain about housing and this is a very common problem. We have also been seeing a lot of parasite issues and this is a result of some of the feeders carrying parasites. Please let me know if you need clarification about this information. Joan

Jav917,
Experience: