Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

my 10year old terrier bitch,is leaking she has started

my 10year old terrier bitch,is leaking urine she has started a course of steroids 5 days ago because she suffers with an itchy skin allergy an at times its the only way to control it, could that have something to do with it
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Did she start leaking urine after starting the steroids?
2- Is she drinking more than usual?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes after starting steroids,does not seem to be drinking more

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Terence, the urine leaking you are seeing is very likely a side effect of the steroids, this is very common and it should stop once she is off the steroids. If, once she is off the streroids the leaking continues then we need to consider other causes like bladder stones, weak urethral sphincter, etc. In the meantime I would recommend you walk her more frequently.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter