Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

my daughter has a 1 year female syran hamster, she has stopped

Customer Question

my daughter has a 1 year female syran hamster, she has stopped cleaning herself, she smells, even though her cage is completely cleaned, her tail seems to be longer than normal very inactive, she is not a handle hamster but gets lots of attention via the cage, lives in my 10 year olds bedroom so has company most evenings. please advice. Thank you

kind regards ***** *****
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  MsAM replied 3 years ago.

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question. My name is Anna, and I'm a biologist with a special interest in small animal health. I'm sorry to hear of this problem. Some additional information will be useful.

Is Matilda just 1 year old, or is she near 1 1/2?

How is her appetite?

What type of litter/bedding do you use?

Check the cage. In the areas where she urinates do you see any white or black residue?