Dr. Jill
Dr. Jill, Veterinarian
Experience:  6 years of veterinary experience
25745582

HAIR PERM SOLUTION THAT IS USED ON HUMANS COULD THIS BE USED

HAIR PERM SOLUTION THAT IS USED ON HUMANS COULD THIS BE USED ON SMALL DOGS AND WHAT IS THE DANGER
Expert:  Dr. Jill replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Jill :

Hi, I'm Dr. Jill and I'd be happy to address your question.

Dr. Jill :

I would NOT recommend using hair perm solution on a dog. Even in people, these solutions can cause severe chemical burns, and dogs skin has a very different pH than that of people.

Dr. Jill :

So to reiterate, the risk would be severe chemical burns of the skin in Maisey. Not worth it.

Dr. Jill :

Damage to the skin can also permanently damage hair follicles if the damage is severe enough, so her coat may also be permanently altered.

Dr. Jill :

At the least, I would expect mild skin irritation which is uncomfortable and would likely cause her to scratch and self injure her hair as well.

Dr. Jill :

If you want a dog with a curly coat, I advise adopting a dog with a naturally curly coat.

Dr. Jill :

I hope this addresses your concerns. If not, please let me know. I would be happy to continue the conversation.

Customer:

HELLO

Customer:

My dog is with someone I know, they were looking after the dog and to eventually Breed her at to share the puppies, this person did this to my dog without permission and agreement, I agree with you its wrong to do this, I have written to the people to return my dog or I will go to court

Dr. Jill :

Do you have any further questions? If not, please remember to accept.

Dr. Jill :

Also, you will need to have your dog examined by a veterinarian ASAP if you have any desire to pursue legal damages to prove that there have been damages of some kind. You may want to consult the legal question section on this website.