Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

Ive just had my male maine coons neutered. Im having aggression

I've just had my male maine coons neutered. I'm having aggression problems with one of my Siamese cats and was advised to get the boys neutered. My question is:- How long will it take for the Maine Coons urine to smell less 'male' so that hopefully my siamese starts to calm down?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 years ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

In regards ***** ***** time frame for the reduction of male hormone levels in feline urine, this can take 6-8 weeks post neuter to decline completely. Until that time the level will be dropping but still detectable and therefore still a potential trigger for the other cat's behavior. But as the level declines, we will find this cat's urine less offensive to your aggressive Siamese fellow.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. Thank you and hope to see you again soon! : )