Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

Think my dog as pododermatitis. He is lame on two legs & at

Customer Question

Think my dog as pododermatitis. He is lame on two legs & at first only on foot pads were affected. Now it seems the other feet are showing same signs of ulceration & soreness. He is now nibbling his legs.
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This certainly could be Pododermatitis and the fact that Oscar keeps licking at these areas causing a staph infection , this will continue, even with antibiotics. It is important that Oscar stops licking at these areas since the more he licks, the more irritated this becomes causing him to have to lick. This becomes a circle effect and to break this circle, it is important that you stop Oscar form irritating these areas. You can do this by placing an Elizabethan Collar on him and/or wrapping the feet to keep Oscar away from his feet to allow them to heal.

This treatment is good that your vet has given butkeeping him away from these areas is teh only way to get them to heal.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta