Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

Hi is roundupgc harmful to horses, sheep, chickens if so please

Hi is roundupgc harmful to horses, sheep, chickens if so please recommend alround weedkiller to treat docks nettles etc many thanls
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 years ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

This product is not severely toxic but in high doses via direct ingestion, harm is possible. Therefore, when using this product, we need to do so sensibly. You can use Round Up (glyphosate) in your field, but it is advisable to have all three species off the field for 2-3 weeks after use (especially if there is any ragwort, as horses often find this palatable after the plant has died prior to drying out).

Otherwise, you might want to consider using Pastor (More Info) or Grazon (More Info) to address the docks and nettles. With these two products, it is safe to reintroduce the animals safely a week after application.

And if there is no scope to relocate the animals or at least restrict access to the treated area, then manual removal of the weeds is always the safest option.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. Thank you and hope to see you again soon! : )

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just after I entered my card number your site failed I ould not get any responce I closed your site and informed my card company to cancel the payment, I have just sswiched on my computer and there on the first page was Dr B answer I an sorry for the inconveniance if you wish I can send cheque to cover costs if card company has not paid you

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Francis,

Since I am a veterinary surgeon (and not a tech guru), I will send this along to customer service and see if they sort this side of things out for us. If you wish to contact them directly, you can see via the customer service page (HERE)

All the best, Smile

Dr. B.