Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Thirty years experience in small animal medicine and surgery.
56364752

Hi, i think i have seen small light reddy/brown spider type

Customer Question

i think i have seen small light reddy/brown spider type things moving around in my dogs feaces, they are visible just to the naked eye, what could they be?
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Barbara :

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. I am a licensed veterinarian and I'm here to help you. It is very unlikely that these insects came from inside Sylo as they wouldn't survive the digestive fluids and peristaltic movement of the gut. I'll bet they are contaminants from the stool being on the ground for awhile, perhaps even unengorged ticks.

Dr. Barbara :

Did you see these on a stool that Sylo produced before by many minutes or hours?

Customer:

Customer:

the stool would have been on the floor just today and then i cleared up this evening so 7 hours or so, i will keep an eye out tomorrow for him to go to the toilet and then check again, if i see them straight away should i take him to the vet and keep a stool sample?

Dr. Barbara :

Thanks for your response! I really doubt that you would see these again. . .coming from Sylo, but if you do I would save the stool and also take the little bugs to your vet for identification. If you can't get your samples to the vet right away, pick them up with a baggie turned inside out, then flip it closed and store in your fridge! :-)

Customer:

ok thanks , i will look again tomorrow and take sylo to the vets if necessary and keep a sample for identification

Hi Jackie,
Thank you very much for your kind rating. . .it is greatly appreciated!
Take care,
Dr. Barbara
Hi Jackie,
Just checking in to see how things are going. Did you end up having to have veterinary care there? If so, what did they find?
There is no more charge for this, and I'd love to hear about you and Sylo.
Thanks,
Dr. Barbara