How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Peter Your Own Question
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Category: Vet
Satisfied Customers: 30386
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683
Type Your Vet Question Here...
Dr. Peter is online now

My 4.5kg puppy has just ingested a Medley digestive bar (20gms

Resolved Question:

My 4.5kg puppy has just ingested a Medley digestive bar (20gms bar of which the bottom was covered in milk chocolate (nor more than 8-10 grammes and up to 3 grammes of raisins) . Should I just monitor him or get him to a vet
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Vet
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today.

Friend the lowest toxic dose for raisins is dogs is 0.11oz/kg, which means Kipper needs to ingest around 0.4oz (11grams). As far as the milk chocolate he would need around 100grams to be concern with toxicity. He may get diarrhea or vomiting otherwise he should be fine. I would observe him, if he becomes hyperactive/lethargic, muscle tremors or changes in respiration have him checked by a veterinarian. Otherwise he should be fine.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Dr. Peter and other Vet Specialists are ready to help you