Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

My 4.5kg puppy has just ingested a Medley digestive bar (20gms

My 4.5kg puppy has just ingested a Medley digestive bar (20gms bar of which the bottom was covered in milk chocolate (nor more than 8-10 grammes and up to 3 grammes of raisins) . Should I just monitor him or get him to a vet
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today.

Friend the lowest toxic dose for raisins is dogs is 0.11oz/kg, which means Kipper needs to ingest around 0.4oz (11grams). As far as the milk chocolate he would need around 100grams to be concern with toxicity. He may get diarrhea or vomiting otherwise he should be fine. I would observe him, if he becomes hyperactive/lethargic, muscle tremors or changes in respiration have him checked by a veterinarian. Otherwise he should be fine.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!