Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

my west highland white terrier is 11 years old. He was trying

Customer Question

my west highland white terrier is 11 years old. He was trying to be sick then trembling on and off. I gave him a cool bath and he played with a ball for a few minutes afterwards. He just doesnt seem right. Cant take his temperature no thermometer.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answerd in a timely manner. I believe that many vets - including myself - felt that the history you provided didn't give enough information for us to be as specific for you as we would like to be. This certainly isn't your fault if Moray is nauseated and trembling and no other symptoms are apparent. Nausea and trembling (trembling is usually indicative of discomfort) aren't pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one disorder. In fact, there are too many possible etiologies for such symptoms to type in this venue.

It would be prudent to "watchful wait" such a dog and see if anything more develops or, indeed, Moray simply remisses without the need to see his vet. Please respond with additional information and further questions or concerns if you wish. I'm going to check back with you tomorrow for an update in case I miss you.