Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

what can I do with an injured stray cat

what can I do with an injured stray cat
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 years ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with this wee one today.

Shame on Cat's Protection for not answering your phone calls.

Now if he is a stray and you do not wish to take over his care, then you do have a few options to get help for him. First, you can contact RSPCA (LINK) to come and collect this poor lad so that he can be taken for treatment and rehoming. Otherwise, you can try contacting other cat charities in your area. To find them, here is a wee link via Cat Chat that you can use to see what rescues and shelters may be around you (HERE).

Finally, you can take him back to Rosslyn vets and turn him over to them. The vet practice will have a duty of care to help him (and often they will be able to get the RSPCA to fund money towards his treatment). From there, they will be able to contact CP or other local cat charities to see if this lad can be relinquished into their care for rehoming.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. Thank you and hope to see you again soon! : )