Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Veterinarian
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
60411192

My 2 year old spayed she cat is gone 3 days.she sometimes stays

My 2 year old spayed she cat is gone 3 days.she sometimes stays out a night but never this long.we live in the country just fields around'iv walked the fields calling and shaking her treat bag.its warm and she doesn't like the heat.but she must b hungry.will she return-im out of my mind with worry
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 2 years ago.

Hello Mary, I'm Dr. Deb.

I recently came online and see that your question about Fluff hasn't been answered. I'm so sorry that you've had to wait for a response,but if you still need assistance, I'd like to help if I can.

Hopefully, Fluff has already managed to find her way home. It's possible that she was trapped somewhere and has managed to escape and come home to you.

But if she hasn't, it may reassure you to know that I've heard some incredible stories of cats being gone for even longer periods of time (months) and yet they came home. Some cats can travel great distances so even if you don't have close neighbors, I'd check with those you do have, if you haven't already.

I've also heard stories where cats managed to hide in a visitor's car and travel some distances away from their home so think back three days ago...did anyone visit you who might have then transported her to another location.

I would suggest a Hav-A-Heart trap but it sounds as if you may catch any number of critters other than her. But something to consider since you could check it several times a day.

I know you're worried that she might have come to a bad end; I do so wish I could reassure you that this isn't the case but it's possible. But don't give up hope yet; she may surprise you and waltz right into your home and wonder what all the fuss is about.

I truly do hope this is the case.

I hope this helps; again, my apologies for the delayed reply. Deb

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Dr deb.fluff arrived home starving and tired a bit glad she home so maybe she was in a shed.I'm afraid she will keep doing this now

Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 2 years ago.
Mary:
Thank goodness she showed up! And, thanks for letting me know.

I agree that this may be a pattern of behavior which repeats itself which is really going to be hard on your emotions since every time she doesn't show up, you're going to worry about her.

But, you might go around to any neighbors that you have and explain the situation to them. Alert them to the possibility that she might become locked up in one of their outbuildings.

I suspect she'll stay pretty close to home for a few days now but once she's completely recovered, she'll probably be off on her adventures again.

Of course, this is always the concern about cats who go outside but I suspect you won't be able to keep her indoors. Even if you force her to stay inside, she probably won't be nearly as happy as when she's outdoors.

Best of luck with her. Regards, Deb
Dr. Deb, Veterinarian
Experience: I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What are your opinions on pet loc8tor its a tracking device'iv ordered it and it looks very impressive

Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 2 years ago.
Mary:
Thanks for the rating; it's greatly appreciated.

I don't have any personal experience with these products but from what I've heard, they work very well, especially on dogs since they don't tend to lose them.

My understanding is that they attach to a collar; my only concern for a cat would be that they might slip out of it (a very common occurrence). Then you'd be able to track the collar but not the cat:)
When (or if) injectable chips are ever available, they would be preferable but for now I think it's a potentially inspired solution to your problem.

Let me know how it works for you after it arrives and you've used it for a few days. I'd love to know your impressions. Deb