Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My cat was missing for a month came back yesterday he is all

Customer Question

My cat was missing for a month came back yesterday he is all skin and very boney, no fur on his legs face and tummy what do you recommend
Mrs Bradley
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning Mrs. Bradley and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear about Jerry's condition but I am so happy that he has returned. It is hard to know what may have happened while he was missing but for now, if he is itching these hair less areas, give him Benadryl at 5 mg every 12 hrs to help. Make sure he is eating a very good quality cat food and add in a Vitamin supplement for cats available at the pet store which will help his body heal from this. If there are any obvious lesions, apply an antibiotic ointment, Mrs, Bradley,. such as Neosporin every 12 hrs to help Jerry regain his strength.

Good supportive care for 1-2 weeks will get Jerry back to his old self but it may help, Mrs. Bradley, to have your vet examine him to be sure there are not parasites or other conditons that would require treatment.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Thank you so much, Ann, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I know with your love and care, that Jerry will do well.

Have a wonderful day!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What vitamins do I need
Any multi vitamin available at the pet store will be helpful. Natur Vet has very good supplements that will help Jerry since his diet while he was missing was probably not very good for him. This will supply the vitamins and minerals that Jerry will need to heal, Ann,.