Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

can i use stronghold to prevent ear mites, every 4 weeks, and

Customer Question

can i use stronghold to prevent ear mites, every 4 weeks, and Frontline every 4 weeks to prevent ticks if there is a two week gap between dosing?

the stronghold, is simply not coping with ticks, but is keeping ear mite away. Frontline use to do ticks great, but did not stop ear mites.

help.
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 3 years ago.

Scott Nimmo :

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon, I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

Scott Nimmo :

You know the most simple solution here would be to keep using Frontline and then treat your dog's ears directly with an ear mite treatment, the ones in the dropper. This would be by far the best way to get rid of and control ear mites, it makes much better medical sense than using Stronghold and Frontline together, and it is by far the most cost effective way ...

Scott Nimmo :

All of the ear mite treatments in the dropper bottle are very effective { and cheap } even the over the counter ones from pet shops.

Hello again Ann,

That said there would be no great issue with using Frontline and Stronghold together,this would be unlikely to affect your dog particulalry if you spaced the dosing two weeks appart.

This is just not the advice I would personally give ...

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Scott
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you, is there any best recommended mite treatment?

Hello again Ann,

Just a short note to thank you very much for the good rating, this is very much appreciated. I will get back in touch with you in a couple of weeks to check on Inka's progress.

If I can ever help you further in the meantime then please do not hesitate contact me again via my profile LINK

Kindest regards,

Scott

Scott Nimmo The Online Vet