Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Hi my african grey parot has a large lump under his nose he

Customer Question

Hi my african grey parot has a large lump under his nose he has had it quite some time but it does not seem like it is going it seems to be getting bigger .He had one a few years ago and it just went away it is not covering his nose hole so it's under the nose hole and above his beak he is eating his food ok and is his normal self..the colour of the lump is very pale yellow can anyone advise me on this?
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 3 years ago.
Hello!
Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.
Can you post a picture of the lump near his nose hole?
Dr. Dan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry I have taken the photo but can not find out how to get it to your reply box
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry the picture quality isnt very good but he dont like to stay still for very long

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am willing to wait for the expert to find the answer .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I would like to continue waiting for your expert reply.
Patricia
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I asked this questune on the 6th July it is now the 14 th august you gave me no answer just so you know for next time someone asks the bird vet I went to said it was a fungle infection the bird has now had it removed it is caused by sunflower seeds or peanut s that may have the infection .
No I am not satisfied with your company. And want my money refunded as you had no answer to my questune .
I look forward to your reply.
P L