Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

My Irish setter was front lined 3weeks ago Every bite is causing

My Irish setter was front lined 3weeks ago
Every bite is causing him big skin reactions
Today I've flee bombed the room he sleeps in with me but he seems to have little tolerance to flee bits
Can I frontline him again?
I have another dog but she's not schatching
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How much does he weigh?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He was weighed recently by pets are us and they prescribed 20 to 40 kHz
He's young only just turned two but every flee bit is becoming an in reaction
Raised and looks like reaction to ticks
He has about fifteen on his body like this
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
It sounds like he is allergic to fleas, I would recommend you pick up in your local chemist zyrtec (cetirizine), this is an anti histamine and it will help with the allergic reaction. Now, for the fleas this is what you can do:

1- It is ok to treat again with frontline. Continue using frontline once a month.
2- Start him on Capstar tablets once a day every other day for 2 weeks.
3- Treat the home/premises with products against fleas that have the ingredient "sodium polyborate." This will eliminate the larvae in the environment which it is often the problem with persistent fleas infestation.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is cyterozine a uk product?
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Yes, it is sold in the U.K, I have had clients on it. The name is Zyrtec (cetirizine).