Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

Hi my female cat keo has thrown up twice once was cat food

Hi my female cat keo has thrown up twice once was cat food and the second lot was biscuits, foam and a few strands of hair in it she's now hiding in her scratching tower and looking very sorry for herself. I normally feed them felix fish flavour i got beef and chicken this time she seemed fine this morning.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Did you wean her into the beef and chicken?
2- How long has it been since the last time she vomited?
3- Is she on hairball medication?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I alternated between meat and fish pouches I give my cats 1 pouch in the morning one at night and go cat for indoor cats throughout the day That dish was empty from being about half full at dinner time and the last time she vomited was about half 5 she hasn't eaten anything since the go cat biscuits has something to reduce hair balls and I regularly give them whiskers anti hair all biscuits at night.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Catherine, when we see vomiting of undigested food it is called "regurgitation" as the food has not been digested. Possible causes could be esophagus disorders (megaesophagus, strictures, parasites), gastritis, etc. This is what you can do:

1- Do not feed her for the next 8-12 hours, give her gastrointestinal tract time to rest. When you introduce her food feed her smaller amounts 4-6 times a day for a few days.
2- Raise her eating bowl on to a small stool to force her to raise her head while she eats.
3- If she continues to vomit/regurgitate after doing the above she will need a hands on examination by your family veterinarian.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter