Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

How much does it cost to have a hip replacement for a dog and

How much does it cost to have a hip replacement for a dog and would they do a double replacement athe same time
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again my apologies that my colleagues were not able to assist you sooner.
Now the cost will vary on the technique required by the Max's hip situation, the part of the country you are based in, and where you have this operation done, but generally speaking hip replacements can cost between £4000-6000 per hip. In regards ***** ***** needing both hips operated on, then these are done separately. Often the surgeon will correct the worst hip first and once the dog has fully recovered and is doing well on that leg, the second hip will be addressed. (To do both would be too much for a dog to recover from at once and would be a much longer surgery then would be ideal).
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best, *****
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. Thank you and hope to see you again soon! : )