Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

hi i took my 4 year old great dane into be spayed tuesday we

Customer Question

hi i took my 4 year old great dane into be spayed tuesday we were told to ring back at 3pm for an update which we did and was told to ring back at 4 as she had only been off the table 15mins at 4 they rang us to say she was fine but ther was a surcharge of £36 because she was a little over weight. which she already knew about because she had had a phantom 2 couple of months before hand. we pick her up at 6pm and she was very doopy and could only walk 2 steps before sitting down. we got her home she drank water that night went out for a pee with help. in the morning she drank more water but later went out into the garden and died. we were told it was internal bleeding were do we stand as we paid the extra for her being over weight so should this have been pervanted?
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Oh my!! I am so so sorry!! That is so terrible and very unusual. I would insist on a separate veterinarian to do a Necropsy on your precious Cleo to be sure that this is the cause for her death. It does happen that ligatures can slip and it is possible for them to hemorhage but most of us would have kept Cleo overnight to watch her in intensive care since if it had been caught early, she could have been saved. I am not saying that it would have been prevented for sure but since Cleo was a high risk, it would have been safer for her to spend the night in a facility that would have watched her all night.

Again, I am so sorry....speak to your vet about these circunstances that could have prevented this horrible outcome.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience: 25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.

Thank you so much, Donna, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. Again, I am so sorry for your loss! My thoughts and prayers are with you, Donna, and your precious Cleo.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your help we are going to talk to our vet on Thursday when we collect cleo ashes. At the moment we are trying to give our much older Great Dane male lots of tlc as he misses her so much and he is almost 10 yrs old with a heart problem.
Good for you, Donna...nothing can change what happened but it may help you and your family to cope better with the loss. I feel so bad for your older Dane,....attention is all you can do to help him through this terrible ordeal.