Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

How much piriton. Can I give my 9 old lab

Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 3 years ago.
Scott Nimmo :

Thanks for requesting me. My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon, I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

Scott Nimmo :

Piriton { Chlorpheniramine } is an antihistamine sometimes prescribed for dogs. A usual dose rate would be between 4 and 8 mg given twice a day orally. This is a total dose, 4 mg for smaller dogs and 8 mg for larger dogs. You could safely give up to 8 mg twice a day for the average sized Lab but it is always wise to start off at a lower dose and see how it goes.

Scott Nimmo :

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Scott