Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

I have a 5 year old cat I seem to have fleas all over the house.

I have a 5 year old cat I seem to have fleas all over the house. I have tried injecting the cat but to no avail can you he
***** *****
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- What is the name of the flea medication you have been using?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dr Peter thanks for trying to help the medication was Front Line

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Frank, in cases where the cat/dog or home continues to have a flea problem despite being on Frontline it is usually because of many larva/eggs in the home are overwhelming the patient. So, it is extremely important that you also treat the environment. This is what you can do:

1- Continue using Frontline once a month.
2- Pick up in your local pet store, vet's office or online a pill called Capstar, to be given to Cassie once a day every other day for 2 weeks.
3- To treat the home you can vacuum the premises (make sure you seal and throw away the vacuum bag). In addition, use products against fleas that contain "sodium polyborate." This is a safe product for Cassie but works really well against the larva/eggs in the environment. Try to use a product called Fleabusters, use as directed on the label.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter