Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

medication for thyroid disease

Customer Question

medication for thyroid disease
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Now can you tell me if you wanted to know the different type of thyroid medications or treatments?

Or if you have a specific question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i need to know the medication to give to that i can purchase online.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again Tina,

First, I must advise you that this is an advice/information based site. As we cannot see people's pets in person to examine them, we cannot legally write prescriptions for pets here. So, in regards ***** ***** thyroid medications like Felimazole or Vidalta, these cannot be procured via this website.

That said, you can purchas these medications online for your cat, if your vet writes you a prescription. There are a range of online pharmacies that can offer these products cheaper then practice can, but legal requirements mean that the vet writing the prescription must have examined your cat in person within the past 6-12 months.

I will leave this as an "info request" so that you are not charged since you request is not a service that can be legally provided by this website.

Take care,
Dr. B.