Dr. Gwen
Dr. Gwen, Veterinarian
Experience:  10 years experience in emergency medicine, zoo, exotic, and wildlife medicine.
21470562

my dog has just been diagnosed with a cancerous tumour inside

Customer Question

my dog has just been diagnosed with a cancerous tumour inside his nose at the tip. I am told it is a localised form and will not spread. He is sneezing a lot and it bleeds. I have also been told that the only way forward is to have part of his nose removed. He is 14 years old and otherwise in good health...eating and alert. I was wondering how to go about a second opinion with a view to alternative treatment rather than an op given his age. Could you give me some advice please
Expert:  Dr. Gwen replied 3 years ago.
Dr. Gwen :

Hello, welcome to Just Answer. I will do my best to answer your questions and help Benson. Were the vets able to tell you the name of the tumor in his nose? Is it just on one side or covers both?