Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I have a six year old Shitsu she has a swelling and bleeding

Customer Question

I have a six year old Shitsu she has a swelling and bleeding near or around her anus and has been off her food for a few days any idea what it could be
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is Dr. Peter I am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is there any way you can check if the swelling is next to the anal sphincter?
2- Can you describe the appearance of the swelling?
3- Has she been rubbing her butt on the floor?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.