Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

my 13 year old Maine Coon sleeps on my white duvet cover....have

Customer Question

my 13 year old Maine Coon sleeps on my white duvet cover....have just found blood spots over the area where she sleeps.......I am very worried.......expecting a vet later today as I am disabled and they come here.......what can it be?????
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Did the blood appear to come from where her mouth was laying or her backside?
Did you see any urine or saliva present with the blood?

Was it just speckles all over where she has been?

How is she herself?
Eating, drinking, toileting, behaving as normal?
Any struggling to eat her food?

When was she last treated for fleas?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just had vet nurse here and blood has come from her ear which shej keeps scratching........she has regular flea treat ments even though she is a house cat and is treated like Queen of England. I am going to pick up some cream from vet tomorrow. Everything you mentioned is clear....thanks so much, best, Sally

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 years ago.

Hi Sally,

I am glad that the nurse did have a check and it wasn't anything more sinister then Rosie over scratching an irritated ear. It sounds like you are on the right course of action there and hopefully her signs will settle with the cream. Since we didn't get to have a detailed chat about Rosie and her wee mystery, I will pass your question back to customer services now.

Take care & all the best,
Dr. B.