Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

my friend,an old ex farmer has a dog with an apparent tumor

Customer Question

my friend,an old ex farmer has a dog with an apparent tumor just behind his front teeth.It is protruding and is about the size of a 2 cent.Euro. A local vet. told him it was a tumor and nothing could be done for the dog. The tumor looks as if it were an abcess and would only have to be removed as I can't see any other signs of lumps anywhere. He hasn't yet got a second opinion and i told him I would go on line to see if there was any possibility of saving the dog. Could you please consider an opinion. ?
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

There are tumors that will grow inside the mouth and these can be malignant or benign. They can also get an Epulis which is a benign tumor within the mouth that can be removed. This LINK explains it in more detail This LINK shows what it may look like.

The best thing your friend can do is to have a biopsy if this mass and that will tell your friend what to do...if it is benign, they can be removedand if this is an abscess, it can be treated.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Thank you so much for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope Spot's mass is not serious.

Have a wonderful day!